Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Birthday Surprises!

When I asked T, about a week ago, what she wanted for her birthday, she said that she wanted school supplies. Well, apparently, I mentioned this to my great Aunt B last week while picking her up to either take her to see Aunt J or bring her home. Today I went to pick her up to take her to see Aunt J, and she pointed at a bag with stuff in it and asked if I wanted to take it home now or later on tonight when I brought her back home. Since she told me that I was to take it home, I went to the bag and peeked inside and oh, boy is T going to be thrilled!!

I didn't expect great Aunt B to get anything for her on her birthday. I know she doesn't have a lot of money to work with, but she did anyway. She bought T a little bit of construction paper, pencils, crayons, and colored pencils (at least I think they were colored pencils. The kind that you twist out, not sharpen. They could be the kind of pens that you push the top to make the point come out. Anyway, they were in the bottom of the bag and I didn't take the items out of it). She is going to LOVE everything!

In case I haven't mentioned it before, T is a creative girl. She loves to draw, paint, color and make things for people (especially for Aunt J, right now). She is very good at it, too, I might add! So, this is perfect for her to let out her creative side!

After thanking Aunt B for the wonderful presents she got for T and telling her that T would absolutely love everything, I told her that I would wait until I took her home tonight and I'll bring T with me when I do. I told her that I'll pretend that I didn't know anything about it and we'll just surprise her with it then. I can't wait to see the look on her face! I'm sneaking my camera in my purse before I pick the kids up from school today, so she won't have a clue that I'm up to something! I will post pictures either later on tonight or in the morning!

3 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Alicia said...

Hi Elisabeth!!

Oh, how exciting for your daughter!! She sounds just like my 8 yr. old son. He would LOVE to get all art supplies for a gift! Even as simple as tape! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Oh..and thank you for stopping by my blog!!

MooMoo said...

My daughter loves art supplies! Sounds great! Thanks for leaving me love!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...