Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and Goals...

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! I had a great one! Skinny, W, Lady J, Double A, Princess T, Mr. Wiggle and I were all up watching the ball drop.

Skinny had to get some kind of noise maker and make a bunch of noise outside right after the ball dropped. It's a tradition of ours since we were children. We would use my mother's or my grandmother's old pots and pans, take them outside and beat them together for about 15 minutes while yelling "Happy New Year!" I have to admit, that was fun. This year I didn't have old pots and pans to use and once Skinny found out that if he so much as tried using my good pots and pans to full-fill his obvious obsession, he settled for toy cymbals from Princess T's toy box. Actually, I had to laugh at him because he still had to make a bunch of noise and yell "Happy New Year!" for about 15 minutes at 30 years old.

Mr. Wiggles was hyped up for a while. He wasn't quiet sure what was going on, but he knew it was something big and he wasn't going to miss out on a single minute!

After we finally got all the little ones into bed and asleep, we decided to play cards half the night before going to bed ourselves. No one drank or partied because there were little ones at home. We have that planned for tomorrow night when the little ones are off spending the night with various family members.

On New Year's Day we just sat around the house playing cards, teaching two of the four little ones new card games and telling others what our goals are going to be during this New Year.

Princess T's goal is to have more fun this year. So far, she seems to be on target.

Double A's goal is to eat more. Yay! He really needs to eat more and he has been sticking to that! I am so glad that I was able to get him off of his, "But mom, if I eat more, I'll get to fat!" kick!!

Skinny's goal is to find another job. Yeah, the down economy has really kicked his butt.

S, W and Lady J never really said what their goals were.

I have a list of goals for this year and will post mine in a near future post.

What did you do on New Year's Eve and on New Year's Day? What are your goals/resolutions for this year?

2 comments:

sunny said...

I don't make resolutions because they are hard to keep. I've just decided to take one day at a time and not sweat the small stuff. Oh yeah, to have my roommate out in a month!

Jenni Jiggety said...

Sounds like a fun NYE! We pretty much just stayed in and enjoyed being together. We watched the ball drop and then went straight to bed! Low key, but fun!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...