Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama, Another Award and Uncle Hank's Story!

Even though I didn't vote for President Obama, I believe that he is the person we need to lead our country at this time. Congratulations to him! I watched his inauguration yesterday and I've never watched another President's inauguration before. But, this is history in the making and I didn't want to miss it for anything!! I am very proud of how far this country has gotten!

 

Please read Uncle Hank's story that I posted a few days ago. Both Uncle Hank and I would really love to see what the Late Noon Views readers thought of his story. To update you, he isn't upset that I posted his story, but is interested in what you think of it. So, please take a minute and read it and please be sure to comment! Thank you so much!

 

Yay! I was given another award!! This award is the Honest Scrap Award and I received this award from my bloggy friend Danielle at Life with the Hewitt Family! Thank you so much Danielle!!

honest_scrap_award

The rules for this award are as follows...

  1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
  2. Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap". Well, there is no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  3. List at least ten honest things about yourself.

 

So, ten honest things about myself...

  1. My real first name is Valorie. I like to use Elisabeth because (1) it really is my middle name, but it is spelled with a "z", not an "s", (2) I like my middle name better than my first name and really wish my mom would have stuck to her guns with that name. But, she didn't and allowed my dad to stick the "Valorie" in front of it after mom's sister, and (3) I like the way it is spelled differently. You know with the "s" instead of the "z". The other night Skinny seen how I spelled Elisabeth on this blog and he was all like, "Uhmmm... Is that really the way you spell your middle name because Lady J's middle name is spelled with the 'z'." No worries Skinny, Lady J's middle name is exactly like mine!
  2. I am stubborn. It's true! I am one stubborn person! I happened to inherit this great quality from my grandmother (dad's mom). I am always being told, "You remind me of your grandmother. She is the only one half as stubborn as you!" My reply? "Yeah, I know! Thank you!"
  3. I like to use my stubbornness as an advantage. If it weren't for me being so stubborn, I don't think I would have graduated college. I like to use it more as a way to help me not quit something that challenges me.
  4. I enjoy fishing. Oh, I'm in a fisher's heaven in the summer! Especially when I take my uncle T's canoe out on the lakes by myself. I am out on the lakes ALL day long! And yes, I do touch those slimy worms to bait the hook and the yucky fish to take them off. It was a must do when I was a kid. I still find it gross each year when I first put the worm on the hook or take the fish off, but I get over it pretty quickly.
  5. I am the biggest daddy's girl in the entire world! I do love my dad! I truly believe that he can move the moon and the stars in the sky for me if I asked him to!
  6. My entire jewelry collection consists of my wedding ring and my class ring. That's it. I NEVER take these two rings off of my hands, unless I'm cleaning them. I do have my ears pierced, but I don't wear earrings.
  7. I don't wear makeup very often. I do once in a great while, but not very often.
  8. My favorite animal in the world is the dolphin. They are extremely smart! I've heard tons of stories where people have been stranded in the ocean and they only survived because of a dolphin's help. They can also fight off sharks. I tell you, if somehow I ever get stranded in the ocean, I would really want a dolphin to help me out!
  9. My birth sign is Gemini. It seems that I live up to that birth sign because I like changes. I get bored with the same things easily and I sometimes leave a project for a while and go back to it a few months later.
  10. When I was nine years old, I jumped off a 32 foot tower into a lake. I was so glad that I experienced jumping off the 32 foot tower when I did because they shut down the beach with the tower and put a regular pool in the following year.

 

I would like to pass this award to....

  1. Tollesons4him at Tollesons4him
  2. Alicia at My life as a mother, wife and woman
  3. Veronica at Of Mice and Ramen
  4. Tina at Golden Goodness
  5. Keli at Dream. Imagine. Live
  6. mom 3 crazy girls at mom3crazygirls
  7. Heather at Queen of Shake-Shake

Enjoy ladies!

12 comments:

sunny said...

You do know that if your dad had not added the Valorie to your name that I wanted to call you Beth or Beth Anne for short don't you?

Veronica Lee said...

Thanks Elisabeth. I was just running out of inspiration and needing something to write about in my next post!

tollesons4him said...

Thank you!! I have yet to recieve this award so thank you. My first name is Elisa but I go by my middle name LeAnn because people want to pronounce Elisa like Eliza. IT was fun reading all about you!!

Kristen Andrews said...

cool misc facts about you!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi again,Elisabeth. Another cool award for your cool blog. Grab it from my blog and add to your trophy case!

Alicia said...

Thank you so much for this award. I'm glad you find my blog interesting. I always thought it was one huge rambling mess of nonsense. Thanks again! Check soon for my answers. :)

Alicia said...

Please don't take my award back, but....how do I get that little picture thingy up there?

Elisabeth said...

@Alicia - I left a comment with the instructions on your blog. If you need more help, please contact me through my "About Me" page. Please be sure to add your email so that I will be able to contact you!

My Goodness said...

Thank you for the award, I'm honored! :)

It was really great to learn more about you...you are not a girly-girl, eh? No jewelry, no make-up, fishing...nice!

Thanks again!

I'll have to go check out Uncle Hank's story!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Jumping off a 32 foot tower! Oh my! I wish I had the guts to do something like that. My husband's friend want to go sky diving and invited us along...I think it sounds a tad bit fun, but I know that I would totally chicken out. I am also scared that we would get hurt...thankfully, my husband is not sold on the idea either.

Heather, Queen of Shake Shake said...

Thank you, Elisabeth! I'm always amazed that out of the huge blogosphere, someone even thinks of me. I'm flattered!

*Keli* said...

This was a fun award! I love learning new stuff about friends! And thanks for passing it to me! I will get it posted soon! xo Keli

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...