Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ready for a Challenge! ~ "P"

I've seen this everywhere in bloggyworld and was tempted to try this a couple of times. I've chickened out each time thinking, "Well, I'll probably just get a hard letter and wouldn't be able to do it!" I've seen some have gotten pretty hard letters!

I finally gave in to the temptation when I seen that Tollesons4him did one on her blog. I asked her to send me a letter, thinking, "Maybe the letter that she sends me won't be that hard!" I even felt a little brave when I asked her to assign me a letter. Ha! That's what happens when I think! I should have just kept from doing it! Well, that really was my first thought when I seen that she had sent me the letter "P".

The challenge is to list ten things that you like and why you like them that begin with a certain letter. So, then I started thinking on it.... "Pickles, Peanuts, Pancakes...." Then it hit me, of course I can think of ten things that I like that begin with the letter "P" that isn't ALL food! Within about 5 minutes, I came up with this:

  1. Puzzles - I enjoy solving puzzles, gluing them together and hanging them up. The harder the puzzle the better!
  2. Popcorn - Okay, so this is a food, but trust me the list isn't full of food as it started off to be! There is nothing better to do on cold days than to snuggle under a blanket, watch a good movie and chow on some popcorn with your family!
  3. Paper/Pens - See, told ya the list isn't full of food items! I like to hand write. I enjoy keeping writing journals. When the stores have their "Back to School" sales, I am like a kid in a candy store! Seriously, I love to stock up on pens and paper and knowing that I'm not going to run out until  the next "Back to School" sale.
  4. Pumpkin Pies - The BEST food over the holidays, especially with whipped cream on top! Yummy! Oh, now I so want a piece!
  5. Photos - I like taking photos and looking at photos that others have taken. It is a great way to capture the moment! Princess T is starting to enjoy this also!
  6. Purple - It is my favorite color!
  7. Picnics - There is nothing like having a quiet picnic after a good hike! It is one of the best ways to spend time with family in the Spring and Summer seasons.
  8. Poems/Poetry - I enjoy reading poems and writing poems. It is a good outlet for me.
  9. Please - This is my favorite word. When one uses it, it gets them a lot further than it would have had they chosen not to use it.
  10. Pepsi - My favorite soft drink. I admit that I drink a bit more than I should, but I am working on cutting back a lot! It doesn't help when S is shoving it in my face all the time! Okay, so he doesn't do that ALL of the time, but it sure seems like he does!

See, it's not a whole list of foods! This really was easier than I thought it would have been. I even came up with more than ten! This was actually a fun challenge to do! If you would like to play along, let me know and I will give you a letter!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

mom3crazygirls said...

well done!! P isn't too hard after all!! go ahead, do your 'don't likes' now!!! I love memes - my readers might night, but I think they're fun and you learn good trivia about people!!

Alicia said...

Hi Elisabeth! You did really good!!!

I did this before too and I got the letter "O"!! I was like, are ya kidding me?? But, my list came out pretty good! LOL

Elisabeth said...

@Alicia - I think your post was one of the first ones that I seen do this and that "O" you got was one of the letters that scared me away from doing this before now! LOL!!

rodneykzf said...

That's a fun "P" list. Elisabeth, thanks for the snopes tip. I visited their site and have just posted an update on the 'lost girl in Tsunami' case.

blueviolet said...

That was excellent! If you enjoy poetry, you might like the Writer's Workshop meme. She always has one poetry prompt included.

I also love how your blog looks!

Veronica Lee said...

Sorry, Elisabeth! You must be wondering who rodneykzf is. I didn't realize I was logged in as my son's id until a minute ago!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...