I've seen this everywhere in bloggyworld and was tempted to try this a couple of times. I've chickened out each time thinking, "Well, I'll probably just get a hard letter and wouldn't be able to do it!" I've seen some have gotten pretty hard letters!
I finally gave in to the temptation when I seen that Tollesons4him did one on her blog. I asked her to send me a letter, thinking, "Maybe the letter that she sends me won't be that hard!" I even felt a little brave when I asked her to assign me a letter. Ha! That's what happens when I think! I should have just kept from doing it! Well, that really was my first thought when I seen that she had sent me the letter "P".
The challenge is to list ten things that you like and why you like them that begin with a certain letter. So, then I started thinking on it.... "Pickles, Peanuts, Pancakes...." Then it hit me, of course I can think of ten things that I like that begin with the letter "P" that isn't ALL food! Within about 5 minutes, I came up with this:
- Puzzles - I enjoy solving puzzles, gluing them together and hanging them up. The harder the puzzle the better!
- Popcorn - Okay, so this is a food, but trust me the list isn't full of food as it started off to be! There is nothing better to do on cold days than to snuggle under a blanket, watch a good movie and chow on some popcorn with your family!
- Paper/Pens - See, told ya the list isn't full of food items! I like to hand write. I enjoy keeping writing journals. When the stores have their "Back to School" sales, I am like a kid in a candy store! Seriously, I love to stock up on pens and paper and knowing that I'm not going to run out until the next "Back to School" sale.
- Pumpkin Pies - The BEST food over the holidays, especially with whipped cream on top! Yummy! Oh, now I so want a piece!
- Photos - I like taking photos and looking at photos that others have taken. It is a great way to capture the moment! Princess T is starting to enjoy this also!
- Purple - It is my favorite color!
- Picnics - There is nothing like having a quiet picnic after a good hike! It is one of the best ways to spend time with family in the Spring and Summer seasons.
- Poems/Poetry - I enjoy reading poems and writing poems. It is a good outlet for me.
- Please - This is my favorite word. When one uses it, it gets them a lot further than it would have had they chosen not to use it.
- Pepsi - My favorite soft drink. I admit that I drink a bit more than I should, but I am working on cutting back a lot! It doesn't help when S is shoving it in my face all the time! Okay, so he doesn't do that ALL of the time, but it sure seems like he does!
See, it's not a whole list of foods! This really was easier than I thought it would have been. I even came up with more than ten! This was actually a fun challenge to do! If you would like to play along, let me know and I will give you a letter!