Monday, February 9, 2009

Nicknames #2

About a week ago, I posted about the nicknames my brothers, cousins, and I were given. I asked at the end of my post if someone could guess what nickname was given to me. Blueviolet at A Nut in a Nutshell tried to guess what it was and I thank her very much for trying!

Anyway, I hated this name and was glad that it didn't stick with me as long as Tater's stuck with him. (He's still called Tater sometimes!)

My horrible nickname was "Puppy Dog".

Why Puppy Dog? Well, because I would pretended I was a little puppy dog! It was my favorite game when I was younger. I would entertain myself for hours just pretending I was a little pup. Not long after my given nickname, I stopped pretending I was a puppy. That's how much I hated that name! Not that it was the most horrible one given out, it wasn't, but I thought it was pretty darned close!

Princess T was nicknamed "Puppy Pooh" because she followed in my footsteps and likes to pretend that she's a puppy. The thing is, she LOVES her nickname. Hmm. Maybe I would have liked mine better if mine was "Puppy Pooh".

But then again, maybe not. Her's sounds a bit close to "Puppy Poop"! I know my two mean brothers would have thought of the "Puppy Poop" thing and that would have been my new nickname. I'll take "Puppy Dog" over "Puppy Poop" any time!

2 comments:

Tara said...

My daughter loves playing puppy too, hence the huge knot on her knee from running around like a puppy dog. What a cute nickname.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Cute nickname...at least it didn't stick though, right?

My little sister used to always pretend she was a puppy and I would be her owner...her puppy name was "Pretty." I would even put a dog collar loosely around her neck and walk her around the house...why my mom ever let us do that is beyond me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...