Monday, August 16, 2010

My Yellow Rose Bush

I like roses. My favorite rose is the yellow rose. It generally represents friendship, but to me, it represents much more.

Blooming Yellow Rose My grandfather loved the yellow rose. One of his favorite songs was, “Yellow Rose of Texas”. I don’t remember much of my grandfather since he died when I was four years old (I do remember that). But I have heard stories about how close we were. According to some of the stories I heard, he would call me his Yellow Rose.

Blooming Yellow Rose1

At the beginning of Spring this year, I bought a yellow rose bush and planted it in my front yard. I know roses usually don’t bloom on a rose bush until the year after it had been planted, but this yellow rose bush surprised me!

“Hello, little yellow rose bud! It’s nice to see you! I can’t wait to see you in full bloom!”

Blooming Yellow Rose2

I have one rose bud starting to bloom! I’m so thrilled that this rose bud decided to come out and say hello to me! It hasn’t fully bloomed yet. It should be in full bloom either tomorrow or Wednesday, but I got so excited that I HAD to take pictures!

My yellow rose bush will be a beautiful one next Spring and I can’t wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...