Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!

I could do a review of 2012 in this post, but all I really see is that my major focus in 2012 was my classes and school. That isn’t going to change much for 2013, as I have bigger plans and dreams for the future and going through school is just one step toward those plans and dreams. As I went back through 2012 yesterday there were a few things that I did realize that I will need to work on for 2013, however and this is how I came up with my list of goals for this coming year.

First, I need to manage my time a lot better. Through 2012, I have asked a lot out of those that are very dear to me and sacrificing their time with me was one of them. I hate to admit it, but over the past year, I’ve not taken enough time out to spend with my loved ones and found it easy to say, “I have school work and it’s tough!” And indeed, my school work is tough, but I also can’t buy back time spent with my loved ones. So, for this year, I will manage my time better so that I can have a better balance between my time with school work and my time with family and friends. To my family and friends who are reading this, I cannot thank you enough for the understanding you’ve had through the past year in knowing that my education and goals are very important to me, and thank for understanding without complaints when I wasn’t able to take time out to do things together.

Second, I want to be more creative in my writing. I challenged myself this past November to complete the “NaNoWriMo” challenge and can proudly say that I succeeded. For those who aren’t familiar with “NaNoWriMo,” it stands for “National Novel Writing Month” and is in the month of November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. During this challenge, I opened up a creative side in myself that has seemed have been “sleeping” for several years and it felt great to awaken that side of myself. I want to continue to feed it in hopes that something better will be created.

Thirdly, as with every year, I want to write more than I did the previous year. In 2012, with the exception of “NaNoWriMo,” letters, and class work, I barely wrote anything and I need to change that. I can’t expect creative writing to flow if I don’t write, so my second and third goal goes quite nicely together. Working the time in to write on top of spending more time with family and friends, and class work is where the challenge is for me. And the first thing to do is to make sure that I use all of my time wisely!

So, how about you? What are your New Year’s Resolutions/Goals for 2013? I would love to know, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...