Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Bit of Bragging

My goodness what a busy year it has been for me thus far! Taking two classes during each “session” for the last six months at DeVry University and taking care of my family has taken a lot of my blogging time. The good news is, I am almost finished with my classes at DeVry, and by “almost finished” I mean my very last day of class is tomorrow! I am very excited and looking forward to beginning my new career in Information Technology. This means that I will have more time to blog on a regular basis and that is exactly what I plan to do.

As much as I would love to blog about how thankful I am to reach this major goal in my life and to thank everyone who has been supportive of me during my journey as a student. That is not what this blog post is about, but rest assure that I will be writing a “Thank You” post to all of those who have shown their support very soon. For now, I want to turn everyone’s attention to my lovely daughter, Princess T and how proud I am of her!

Princess T Grad_Blog_Redone

Princess T finally graduated from the 8th grade at the beginning of June and is now officially a freshman in high school. I can’t tell her enough how proud I am of her! She has worked very hard throughout the entire year, setting various goals for herself and striving to successfully achieve them all. She’d set goals for herself for the entire year, for each quarter of the year, and for the end of the year. Though things were rough for her at times and it seemed to her that she wouldn’t achieve them, she worked through all of her rough times and successfully reached every one of them!

One goal she set for herself at the beginning of the year was to read at least 50 books by the end of the school year. By the end of the school year she had read a total of 75 books and was the top student who had checked out the most number of books from her school library out of all the students in her entire school. Each quarter, she would set a goal to achieve high honor roll and successfully achieved high honor during each quarter. At the end of the school year, she discovered an opportunity to take an Algebra test which would allow her to receive a high school credit for Algebra without taking the high school Algebra class. She set a goal to take and pass this test so that she’d already have a high school credit before taking her first high school class. She successfully passed the Algebra test and upon finding this out, she has decided to fill the Algebra class she would have originally taken during her freshman year with a Geometry class instead!

All of the goals she set for herself and reaching every one of them needed no kind of coaxing or suggestions from me. She made each and every one of them on her own and I only provided my unconditional support and cheers every step of the way. With all of this, she has come to realize for herself just how capable she is of achieving anything she sets her mind to achieve and because of this her opportunities are endless! I’m so very proud of her for this!

Princess T, congratulations for achieving all of the goals you set for yourself and refusing to give up when they seemed too far out of reach, and congratulations for graduating with a high school credit already earned before setting foot in your first freshman class! Remember dream big, set goals, achieve them, and never give up when your goals seem out of reach. There is no greater feeling in knowing that despite all the challenges faced on the path of reaching your dreams and goals, you were able to overcome all of them and reach your goals and dreams anyway! And remember, I will always be right beside you, every step of the way, providing you with unconditional support, cheering you on, urging you forward, and celebrating all of your accomplishments, big or small! I am so very proud of you and I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...